- 200+ signatures on paper so far plus
- Campaign Update
- Education secretary Mike Russell’s statement on university redundancies welcomed
- Campaign Leaflet: staff in several units are facing threats of redundancy and detrimental changes to their terms and conditions.
- STV News reports jobs at risk at University of St Andrews
- The Courier: Unions claim St Andrews University jobs are under threat
Category Archives: News
In February 2011, a Joint Union Committee (JUC) was formed in response to the 200+ letters of risk of redundancy that had been received by staff across the University, and to the restructuring processes taking place in Residential & Business … Continue reading
The Joint Union Committee welcomes the statement from the Education Secretary Mike Russell, who said universities should follow the government’s lead of imposing no compulsory redundancies wherever possible. Read the full article (published 29 June 2011), on … Continue reading
Watch the video (starts at 10mins 14secs) - STV News, 22 June 2011 Note: It is not just about “jobs at risk of redundancy”. Members of staff at the university are facing the threat of losing their jobs AND threats to their … Continue reading
Read the full article (published 22 June 2011), on the The Courier web site.